Wednesday, July 6, 2011

We are guarded by a Maasai Warrier with a bow and arrow!!

Security where the 'Mzungu's' live is tight. From dawn until dusk the the gate to our accomodation is locked and guarded. This is, however, the first time it has been a Maasai Warrier. Intimidating but comforting.

Construction is full steam ahead, as is the extensive Business Plan Moffat and I are working on for the clinic. The pipes and flush toilets are almost in and the roof/sinks and painting will start tomorrow.

Tomorrow Vicki is off on a 4 day Safari and Janie and I (yes the wonderful, talented, gorgeous, funny, inspiring lady I spent most of my time with last year) are heading to the Maasai - rural Narok, and will be there for a few days. On the way I am so excited to report we will be stopping by Maai Mahui to visit the camps and see the teachers, kids and families I spent much of my time living with last year. I'm not sure that I will be able to sleep tonight.... A little short on time today, will update again when I can....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers