Thursday, March 11, 2010

Ubud - Snake!





Oh boy what a day! Yep, that is a 47kg snake – python I think (the handler did say, but it was a burden just to breath). Relaxed? Hardly, I was doing the Elvis and really had to concentrate on not passing out! Whoa, it was a rush but can’t say I’ll be pushing to the front of the lie to do it any time again soon!

Today we lazily woke up around 9.30ish, had breakfast, picked up our washing (ooh yeah, for $2 I lashed out for clean clothes that I didn’t have to hand wash – luxury while I can and cheap!), had lunch then at 2pm jumped in a 4wd thing and joined this tour.

We visited a farm, temple, another holy monkey forest (that also had the snake and bats) and NO – I didn’t’ go into the monkey thing – even from the outside we witnessed a couple of attacks – these monsters are really nasty! One rumbled through this ladies bag and hissed at her when she realised and pulled it away, another ran up to this little boy and grabbed his lolly pop right out of his mouth (photo above) Unbelievable!!

From the monkey forest, we went to Tanah Lot Temple for sunset– this stunning temple is on the top of its own little island (also in photo). Really lovely, but overflowing with tourists – there were sooooo many side stalls and shops, it could have been mistaken for an inner city mall. Nice to see all the same – took heaps of photos for you Michelle, but so happy we didn’t’ hire scooters to get there, it would have been an absolute nightmare!

Thanks so much for your message too Danni, I was so happy to read it - you won't regret coming to Bali, it is such a magical place. Just don't spend too much time in Kuta. :-) Hi to all in the restaurant, sad to say, but I really miss working at M too.

Not sure what I am doing tomorrow, I didn’t manage to squeeze in a massage today, so perhaps I will tomorrow. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Tarsh,
    I've just caught up with your blog....it's awesome!!! I've finally got my computer and it's all fixed-yay!!! I still feel terrible :-( poor me :-) what a feral bug!! Things are good back home. Work has been good-not quite as hectic as usual which is nice. I can't wait to hear about your arrival in Africa-keep me posted!!! meanwhile, i'll try and make some money so i can come visit!! have fun...i'm sure that won't be hard!! seeya michelle

    ReplyDelete

Followers