Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Cooking class




The weather in Bali rocks! Hot by day and coolish by night. Soili and I are sitting outside on our balcony drinking Vodka and Lemonade from plastic thermos cups. We just finished a Balinese feast and 660ml bottle of Bintang each for around $4.50 AUD. I’m really gonna miss this place. She was just telling me of her pet hedgehog in Finland – she showed me pictures and she (lilithe) is so adorable, I almost want one. When Soili gets home, she will arrange for Lilithe to meet with a mate – but it has to be in his environment otherwise she will probably kill him being over protective in her own. Lilithe is now around the size of a mango and I feel like I already know her – yep, I think the vodka is kicking in…..

The cooking class was fantastic – there were 4 of us and each suitably stuffed by the end of our 3 hour lesson. Not surprising, I actually had trouble walking back to our accommodation at any great pace. It was more observing than cooking, but they were generous in thier explanations and allowing us time to help them through the process. The other two were a really lovely Canadian couple who are retired and spend 5 months of each year travelling the world. They really are truly living the life so many of us dream of, but unable to find the courage. They also agreed, if you want it bad enough – you will find a way. Take life by the balls I say and enjoy it while you still have a choice.

Every morning before we get up and every afternoon when we get back from whatever it is we were doing, we find 2 fresh cups and saucers (lovely posh matching ones), replenished teabags, coffee and sugar and a fresh large thermos of steaming hot water. Their coffee is thick and dark – you serve it as you would normal granule coffee, but this stuff stays tar like in the bottom of your cup – it doesn’t take long to get used to the flavour and texture. I look forward to it every morning and find myself getting quite addicted. One of many things I will miss about Indonesia.

I will be having another massage tomorrow, I’m averaging one every second day, don’t want to overdo it! :-)

A massive thank you to Daniel, my brother, who provided me with a couple of sets of earplugs! Every morning, around 4am, the dogs, ducks, pigeons, roosters and local farmers start their day. I'm enjoying my sleep in's. I think of you, Sheryl, Toby and Evan often. Big hugs and smooches to you all.

I’m starting to use my backspace more than I should, so better be off!

Love and peace to everyone who actually takes the time to read this blog.
Mwahh
X

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tarsh,

    It sounds like you are having the most amazing time already and you journey has just began. You inspire me to make my trip to Bali happen in October.

    We miss you over here but I am so happy you took on this adventure.

    Keep up the great Blogs and letting us know what is going on,

    Love Danni

    ReplyDelete

Followers