Monday, March 8, 2010

Ubud - Monkeys!




This morning was brilliant. I called mum and dad via skype and had a great chat. Miss you both heaps and hope you received my little parcel mum. It’s not much, but it’s a start…

We visited the monkey temple today and a rotten monkey jumped on my back when I was bending down to take a photo of a baby one. I tried staying calm with every other tourist bastard watching on and too scared to help – it was after my water bottle that I keep on the side of my bag (yes, the culprit has it in the photo). The little creep wouldn’t get off so I ended up ditching the backpack – in the process; he grabbed at my right arm, but didn’t break the skin - THANK GOD!!!! Well… (I literally just took a big sigh of relief!!), no more monkeys for Tarsh!!

Tomorrow we have a gentle day planned - a cooking lesson which shouldn’t be too much trouble!! Nevertheless, stay tunned… :-) Thank goodness for travel insurance – who knows when you may need it…

Ubud is a great place. Our accommodation is surrounded by rice paddies which are very beautiful. I am sharing with Soili, the lady from Finland I met on the Island Gili Air and she found this enormous room with 2 queen beds, large bathroom and balcony the size of half the houses here. We are on the third floor with a lovely view and welcoming breeze (although not as warm as Kuta). We are less than a 5 min stroll to the main street with temples, shops and markets. Ideal.

Speaking to mum and dad has been a massive highlight – even if they had to ‘hold’ while the landlord come to take our brekkie order. :-) Sadly there was no choice of Indonesian cuisine, so we had to order eggs (or pancakes). Most of our breakfasts to date, and by choice, have been either Mei Goreing or Nasi Goreing (Indonesian Fried Rice or Noodles) Yummo!! In saying this, the feast arrived with a massive plate of fresh (peeled) fruit – watermelon, rockmelon, pineapple, banana and some other type of melon as well as another plate of our scrambled eggs and 2 pieces of fried toast!!! I cannot believe the mass of food I am eating here. I simply love Indonesian food!

Last night was also great – we had an early dinner then proceeded to get drunk on our balcony listening to live jazz, sung and performed by little people. It was great! The sunset was beautiful too!

We have really good internet access here, so I’ll endeavour to jump on again soon – hopefully to gloat about my fabulous cooking skills.

1 comment:

Followers