Monday, November 7, 2011

Know of any jobs in Rio??


I am absolutely serious – a 3 – 6 month contract would be absolutely perfect. One of the few places I have visited that I would actually be excited to stay long term would definitely be Rio. I would have to be disciplined to overcome the language barrier I am finding very difficult to learn and understand but as a place to live and work it would be amazing. Very few places do not compare to the little part of paradise I have found and love on the Sunshine Coast.

The sun, warm weather, beaches, white sand, smiling happy people, fun relaxed atmosphere, good business opportunities, great bars and beer, impressive eye candy and plenty of places to exercise are all part of what I would consider my ‘choice’ living requirements . I could also continue my volunteer work. My primary intention for travelling to Brazil was for a break, a holiday between volunteering periods. But after speaking with a number of interesting locals, it is surprising how many Favella’s (slums), orphanages and places through the country of Brazil that are seriously struggling. Individuals, families and communities are in grave need of assistance just like so many other places in the world.

The day I arrived (Tuesday), I caught the public bus and met this amazing lady (and local) called Julia. She had just flown in herself from her brothers farm just outside the capital of Brazil - Brisilia and was heading home, literally 4 streets away from where I was staying - posh beach suburb called Leblon. Stunning place, just 2 beaches down from Cococabana.

After the 90 min bus ride, we swapped emails and arranged to catch up the following day. She had a car, is training to be a travel guide and was keen to show me around. We had an amazing day visiting historical sights and watching hang gliders launch themselves off the side of a cliff with incredible views, perfect place for the adrenalin rush. We then drove to where they landed on the beach and had a beer, watching a dozen or so land.

Before gettting to Rio, I had been in contact with Dioga, a chap I spent 4 months in Kenya with last year. We had been in touch since working together and he had been living in London but recently relocated to his home town, Rio. When I arrived on Tuesday, he was waiting for me at the hostel. It was amazing to see him again and we spent the entire afternoon/evening catching up over several beers. Great night. After a travelling for 16 hours and drinking, I slept like a baby. Excited for Jeff's arrival in just 2 days.

Thursday night Jeff was due to arrive and after a few intense hours where flights were diverted and late, he just made it, albeit later than scheduled. Every day has been lounging on the beach and seeing the sights. The most impressive was the Christ - views are simply breathtaking. We also scaled up the side of a mountain on the other side of the city and had our first coconut on Copocabana beach.

Soooooo much more to boast about but must post....... :-) Having an amazing time. I love Rio so very much. Although my stay is so far brief, Brazil is everything I had hoped. More.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers