Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Formula 1 Grand Prix


Wow, AMAZING week. The experience of the Sao Paulo F1 GP is one Jeff and I find difficult to put into words. It was simply amazing. They predicted storms and it threatened to rain all day but the atmosphere, the people the weather, the track, the beers all of it was excellent.


The power of the cars literally shook me to the core. Standing up against the fence directly above the track was unbelievable. I actually think I stopped breathing for the first lap or 2 – the feeling of the adrenalin pumping through my body will stay with me for a long time. It is one more experience I am grateful to have and one I certainly would have missed out on if Jeff hadn’t suggested the idea 8 months ago!!! Great idea!


For someone who has never really been into car racing, I was addicted to the track, I couldn’t’ take my eyes from the tarmac. Having very little idea of F1 (the drivers, teams, track rules, qualifying etc) Jeff had his work cut out for him.


Slowly, slowly he introduced me to the world of F1 racing and I crammed as much as I could in and I even surprised myself knowing every top driver and all the teams as they screamed around the track. It was a little harder keeping track once they started lapping drivers – but it was entertaining trying to work over a couple of beers enjoying the atmosphere.


The grand stand was jam packed with passionate Brazilians. They hollered and cheered every time Filipe Massa and Bruno Senna (and Barrichello) went around. The only driver they really disliked was Hamilton so you can imagine the cheers when he went out!!! I didn’t know what had happened. We had one of the cheaper seats for the 3 days and we could see an unbelievable amount of the track.



No surprises that the Melbourne F1 Grand Prix mid-March 2012 is high on our agenda. GO WEBBER!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers