Thursday, October 13, 2011

Here I go, here I go, here I go...

I am sitting in JFK airport en route to Lima, Peru. I am tired but I can’t possibly sleep. I have waited for what feels like decades to make it to South America. In less than 40 hours I will begin working with an Orphanage based in San Miguel. 4 hours 12 min until I can board the flight…..

I am still working post detailing the last 2 weeks I had with mum. Must focus and finish it... :-) We had a teary farewell earlier today. It has been such a treat sharing Europe with her and I miss not having her with me. Albiet busy, Europe was a great break but I’m really ready to get my hands dirty again.

Something has been drawing me to South America / Brazil for quite some time. I am not sure why but I’m ridiculously excited to get there and experience this diverse and challenging continent. I will be in Peru for 3 weeks before flying to meet a friend in Brazil for the month of November. Is there a better way to see the world than through volunteering and catching up with friends/family. I doubt it!!!! Ooooohhhhhh 3 more hours till I board the flight for Lima now. I’M EXCITED!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers