Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Destined for Kenya!!

The walking started today. The slow talking also started today - the challenge that usually identifies with being in another country - a challenge I've been craving! :-)

I arrived in Johannesburg last night. The flight was almost 5 hours late after being re diverted due to the still present Volcanic Ash from Chile - it's great to be here - sooo close to Kenya I can feel Fremo's Medical Centre! :-)

Joburg is big and has mass amounts of security. Most places have 6ft solid security gates or higher. It has a similar feel to Kenya - keep your wits about you, walk with others where possible and take only essential valuables.

I can hardly believe this is finally happening again - there is nothing in my world like travelling and helping struggling communities. It awakens my soul and enriches my life in so many ways.

Only 2 more sleeps until Kenya!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey....how are you?? I've been really busy, but good now since tafe is finished and there is NOTHING I need to do!! :-)....Anyway, I'm going to get to catching up on your blogs!! Can't wait to see what you've been up to!! :-)....Michelle x

    ReplyDelete

Followers